Today in this blog I will show you how to braid cornrows for your own hair step by step. Cornrows hairstyle are neatly lined up and protect hair from moisture loss and breakage.Follow this step-by-step tutorial to learn how to braid cornrows.
How To Braid Cornrows Step By Step
1. Use a big piece just to make it simple for you, let us start in the back if you're very new at it.
2. To start the cornrow, I would advise you to get a comb so you can part the first braid. And first of all in order for you to do a good cornrow you have to know how to do a box braid or a regular plait.
3. How to do a regular box braid. You'll need three pieces, one to the left, one in the middle, and one to the right. You need three pieces with your own hair with no weave. Put the left strand under the middle strand, and then take the right hair strand and put it under the middle strand. You go that way to do a regular box braid.
4. We're gonna do almost the same thing when we are doing the cornrow. The only difference is any strand we have, you're gonna have to add some hair at the bottom, and we'll keep doing it until there is no hair.
5. Now let's start the cornrow. We're gonna make sure that fingers stay close to the scalp. Now let's go, cross the left strand under the middle strand, and then put the right hair strand under the middle strand. Again cross the left strand under the middle strand, and then take the right hair strand and put it under the middle strand, after two times of normal box braid, now to do the cornrow you're gonna start adding hair.
6. Add hair. Then pick up a horizontal section of hair on the same side and add it to the middle strand. Then cross the left strand over and into the middle and hold all the strands in your right hand. Here you add hair, and you keep braiding, and you add hair on the same side as you go down. Don't forget to add a little bit of pressure when you add hair. You add hair as you keep going down. And you keep going down until you are done. And you make sure you detangle the hair when you braid a cornrow. This is how you do a regular cornrow. And once you get used to it, you automatically gonna add hair when you do it.
You have to keep practicing on braid cornrows, and you'll naturally pick the hair proportional to all of the rows without even paying attention to that. The hair you pick will be the same amount every time you add hair until you reach at the bottom and the cornrow will come out neat.